For those of you that don't know, I'm crazy obsessed with becoming a woman thats comfortable in her own skin. Thats why I spend a lot of money on skincare products. I'm just not one of those girls that can wash my face with water and call it a day. I struggled with a mild case of acne every since I was a teenager and in my 20s I still haven't quite figured out how to prevent pimples that pop up here and there or the blemishes that I can't seem to get rid of. Below are a few products that I use today.
1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: This cleanser is probably my holy grail product that I include in my skincare regimen every day. I usually use it to cleanse my face when I wake up in the morning and sometimes at night when I don't feel like using another product. I really like this cleanser because its extremely gentle but it works. It's good for all skin tones. I also use this cleanser to remove excess makeup after I use a makeup wipe. (Side note: Pharrell Williams uses this product as well and we all know how good his skin is)
2. Noxema Ultimate Clear Anti-Blemish Pads: This product is pretty self explanatory. I only use it when I have breakouts. I like this product because the pads are conveniently formulated with salicylic acid which is used to dry up pimples and get rid of acne. I don't suggest using this product on a daily because it dries out the skin too much if you ask me but it does help clear up the skin.
3. St. Ives Nourished and Smooth Oatmeal Scrub and Mask: I use this product as an exfoliator to get rid of dead skin on my face. I like this product because although I use it to scrub my skin, the creamy content makes this product gentle while still getting the job done. Sometimes I use it as a cleanser to scrub away build up on my face and other times I leave it on while I'm in the shower as a mask and then rinse it off after I wash the rest of my body.
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater: I noticed Mario Badescu's skincare line in the cosmetics department at Nordstrom while working there a couple years ago and what stood out to me about the line was that the packaging was very simple. I later found out that Mario Badescu's products are good for acne prone skin. I decided to try out the facial spray because I noticed that a few bloggers and you tubers incorporate this product in their skincare and makeup regimen. I like to mist this product on my face for hydrating and refreshing and also to set my makeup sometimes.
5. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera: I like to use this toner after cleansing. It's very good for tightening pores and creating a more even and smoother skin tone. If you're like me and do not like to feel like you have too much product on your skin at night than I suggest you invest in a toner like this one because it wipes away the remaining cleanser while adding moisture back into the skin. It's also good for blemishes.
6. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion: I like to use this lotion to moisturize both my face and body. I've been using this lotion for years because I haven't found a moisturizer that I feel comfortable with putting on my face. I have to use a moisturizer every day especially after using products for acne and blemishes that tend to dry out the face. This lotion does a good job at keeping my skin hydrated throughout the day.
I recently stopped using hand towels to wash my face because my boyfriend recommended it and his skin is good. lol On days that I really want to push whatever product I am using into my skin I like to use this spin brush that I purchased from Groupon. It comes with four attachments that are good for cleansing, exfoliating and toning the face and body.
These are a few products that I have been loving lately, that I use weekly and daily. However I am always interested in trying new products. A product that I really would like to try again soon is African Black soap. Shea Moisture makes a version of African Black Soap that you can purchase at drugstores. I used it in the past for a couple weeks but I thought that it was too messy to store. I'm dying to try this product again because it is good to cleanse acne prone skin and you guys know how much I like products that can get rid of my problem areas.
What are some products that you like to use in your skincare routine? Comment below